Since last March Anna Gregory has been supporting a school in Staffordshire as a teaching and learning coach, working alongside the executive head teacher, SLT and staff to help drive rapid improvement. She has been developing and implementing the Concentric Curriculum model for the last 12-18 months. This school was in special measures two years ago and it has just secured an Outstanding judgement by OFSTED. Only a minute proportion of schools manage this huge leap in such a short period of time. What underpinned this inspection was the Concentric Curriculum model, The Concentric Curriculum, which was referred to by the HMI lead inspector as “unique and defining”.
In a nutshell, this model is effective for the following reasons:
- it is clear and cohesive;
- it increases accountability across school and reduces variance;
- it reduces workload and is simple and easy to use;
- it ensures sustained and substantial progress;
- it provides staff with the what and the how;
- it easily allows for inter- and intra-curricular links to be made;
- it improves teaching and learning and ensures that children deepen and widen their knowledge, understanding and skills over time.
To find out more about the Concentric Curriculum please click on the links below, or email: email@example.com
Costs can be negotiated through the Diocese.